[ros-users] missing generated lisp-messages in debian packages for groovy

Georg Bartels georg.bartels at cs.uni-bremen.de
Thu Jun 13 20:12:07 UTC 2013

Hi Dirk,

> The current Debian packages do include generated lisp files for
> messages.
> But they are not located in the message folder but under
> share/common-lisp/ros/*.

Thanks for the clarification. I was not fully aware of that. However,
see below...

> The problem with the current available packages in the public
> repository is that they contain invalid code which makes them not
> loadable.

... I just installed the debian package ros-groovy-arm-navigation. It's
a stack also containing arm_navigation_msgs which I can find using roscd
--msg-defintions and generated cpp-code all there. If I now cd to
/opt/ros/groovy/share/common-lisp/ros I do not find a sub-dir
arm_navigation_msgs. I hope I'm not overlooking something extremely
obvious here because then it's a bit embarrasing...

> This has been addressed in https://github.com/ros/genmsg/pull/27
> The new packages are already built but until now only in the
> shadow-fix repository.
>
> It will take some more days / weeks until they will be synced to
> public.

To me, that is different issue, i.e. present lisp-messages with
possibly broken asd-files. And I'm super grateful for the patch which
has already been provided. :)

> The temporary fix to check them out and build them locally works
> since the issue has been fixed in the source repositories.

Yup. I can confirm that this current fix is working. :)

Cheers,
Georg.

> On 13.06.2013 04:00, Jan Winkler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can confirm this issue and ran into the same problem.
>> The *_msgs-msg and *_msgs-srv ASDF systems are not loadable (because
>> not present).
>>
>> A temporary fix is to check out the *_msgs-packages and build them
>> from source inside an overlay workspace. One then gets the generated
>> lisp-msg-files.
>>
>> So it seems the message files are just not shipped with the debian
>> packages.
>>
>> Best,
>> Jan
>>

>> Am 13.06.2013 11:39, schrieb Georg Bartels:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> when installing debian msg-packages under groovy, e.g.
>>> arm_navigation_msgs or pr2_msgs, they only contain the generated
>>> cpp-files, while the lisp-msgs are missing.
>>>
>>> Example:
>>> Under fuerte: /opt/ros/fuerte/stacks/pr2_common/pr2_msgs/msg_gen
>>> contains both cpp and lisp directories.
>>> Under groovy: /opt/ros/groovy/stacks/pr2_common/pr2_msgs/msg_gen
>>> contains only a cpp directory.
>>>
>>> This leads to compilation error of lisp packages that depend on
>>> these
>>> message packages under groovy. I think this is a bug. Could anybody
>>> please confirm this bug? Also, if it is indeed a bug, could someone
>>> please point me to the right place to file a ticket? Thanks a lot.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Georg.