[ros-users] New Groovy Packages Released

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 13:52:08 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 5:42 AM, Michael Gratton <mikeg at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:
> On 04/03/13 21:37, Tully Foote wrote:
>> ros-groovy-xacro : 1.6.1 -> 1.7.2
>
> xacro seems to be newly catkinised, which unless I am missing something
> means `rosrun xacro xacro.py` will no longer work?
>
> If so, that might break a whole lot of existing Groovy setups, like mine
> did just then.

Converting additional packages to catkin should wait until Hydro. That
is much too disruptive a change for a bug-fix release of Groovy.

It is likely to cause both binary (ABI) and source (API) interface
changes. People with sources checked out into a rosbuild workspace
will be broken by the catkin conversion.
--
 joq