[ros-users] geometry source: where is it?

Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian adolfo.rodriguez at pal-robotics.com
Tue Mar 5 15:01:38 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Claudio Carbone <cla_carbone at tiscali.it>wrote:

>  On 04/03/13 17:59, Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian wrote:
>
> Adolfo.
>
> P.S. answers.ros.org is probably the right place for questions like this
> one.
>

> Thanks.
> However the Vector3 class has no documentation.
> I suppose that's a bug and that the geometry stack hasn't been moved to
> github yet.

Hey Claudio,

The documentation for this class is indeed not properly generated. If you
search for Vector3 (top right corner of the Doxygen docs), you can find the
Vector3.h header [1]. The class is defined inside. The reason why I think
it has no docs is that the class is declared as ATTRIBUTE_ALIGNED16(class)
Vector3, which confuses the Doxygen parser (and rightly so ;-).

> I'm still unclear on where to post bugs: where would this one go?

It is unclear or not easy to find, yes. Geometry_experimental (tf2) is
indeed in GitHub (with its issue tracker), but geometry is in kforge [3]
with issues in trac [4]. I wanted to add a "Report a bug" section to the tf
wiki, but don't really know which URL to point to. Anyone?.

[1] http://ros.org/doc/groovy/api/tf/html/c++/Vector3_8h.html
[2] https://github.com/ros/geometry-experimental
[3] https://kforge.ros.org/geometry/geometry
[4] https://code.ros.org/trac/ros-pkg/