[ros-users] Debbuild for Fuerte

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Mon Mar 18 17:38:42 UTC 2013

Hi Toni,

Fuerte builds are continuing.  You can see the dashboard here:
http://www.ros.org/debbuild/fuerte.html  We generally hold updates in our
testing repository for a little while to give them testing time before
syncing them to the public repository.  Your groovy release was lucky in
it's timing being just before a sync.  This also is done to save most users
large download volumes and provide time for testing before public release.

If you want to use them from the testing repository you can edit your apt
sources to use ros-shadow-fixed/ubuntu instead of ros/ubuntu to get the
testing repository.  Note although usually stable, the shadow-fixed
repository is a testing repository and may have missing packages or no
packages at all depending on the build cycle.

If you'd like to request an accelerated sync to public for any specific
instance please start a discussion on ros-release.

Tully

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 4:50 AM, Toni Oliver Duran <toliver.shadow at gmail.com