[ros-users] urdfpy - URDF parser in Python

Thomas Moulard thomas.moulard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 05:00:30 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Eric Cousineau <eacousineau at gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all, thank you all for your work on this package.
>
> I have made some modifications, trying out a preliminary implementation of
> XML interface via basic reflection (or maybe just serialization...) to
> accommodate parsing and validating URDF files.
> I tried to mimic Gazebo*'s SDF implementation in C++ for native Python code.
>
> I have pushed this code to the forked "reflection" branch:
> https://github.com/eacousineau/robot_model_py
> The README.md contains some more detailed info on what was changed.
>
> Can I ask your opinions of this change? Could it potentially be merged in?
>
> Also, is there a reflection / serialization library like this already out
> there for Python?
> (I looked around but did not seem to find any. pyxser seems to do direct
> serialization in the sense of pickle. Amara looks like it might be
> promising)
>
> * The newer, non-ROS version: http://gazebosim.org/

Hello,
thank you for your work.

Can you please send us a pull request so that we can review your changes?
I am not sure which branch is the good one.

Sorry I am not a Gazebo user so could you explain the advantages provided
by your version w.r.t the current master and tests that can validate them
(please include this in your pull request).

If you do so and your patch does not introduce regression I will merge
your changes.

Thanks again for your contribution,
--
Thomas Moulard(ムラー トマ)
CNRS-AIST JRL (Joint Robotics Laboratory), UMI3218/CRT, Tsukuba, Japan