[ros-users] Software Status Reporting and Custom Builds

Edwards, Shaun M. sedwards at swri.org
Fri Sep 6 19:10:22 UTC 2013

William,

I’m not sure I quite understand what you are saying here, but it would be my preference to use the build farm over anything else.  Here are a couple of questions:

*         Can the build farm build multiple repo branches for a single ROS release?  We typically have a stable release branch (groovy) and a similar branch with the latest and greatest (groovy_devel).  Is it possible to build both on the build farm?

*         Does the build farm monitor repos for changes or is it triggered in the release process and/or when dependencies change?  The ROS-I Jenkins server monitors the repo and triggers a build whenever anything has changed.

*         Can we add metrics or other analysis to the build farm, like Bosch did (see Tully’s email)?  Things like reporting warning, line counts, and code coverage could be done without much configuration of the build server (just minor modifications to the build scrips).  Jenkins would have to be reconfigured to display the associated plots/charts as well.

Shaun Edwards
Senior Research Engineer
Manufacturing System Department

http://robotics.swri.org