[ros-users] ROS & DDS

Brian Gerkey gerkey at osrfoundation.org
Thu Feb 13 02:23:17 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Geoffrey Biggs
<geoffrey.biggs at aist.go.jp> wrote:
> On 13 February 2014 08:47, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am curious to hear from anyone with experience using DDS on low-end
>> micro-controllers or embedded systems.
>>
>> Is it feasible to create firmware with a DDS interface for ROS messages?
>

> RTI has a small-footprint implementation for embedded systems. I haven't
> used it so I can't comment on how good (or how small) it is, but they are at
> least aware of the need.

There's also a small-footprint implementation from Twin Oaks, intended
for use in embedded systems (I haven't tried it):
http://www.twinoakscomputing.com/coredx/coredx_size

Anybody know whether a minimal DDS implementation can be done in
hardware (e.g., VHDL)?

brian.