[ros-users] ROS & DDS

Paul Bouchier bouchier at classicnet.net
Thu Feb 13 06:30:52 UTC 2014

We evaluated the Twin Oaks implementation on a group of PowerPCs at my last
company. It took a couple of months to set up, and once it was going we
found it had about the same response time as a socket connection for "once
in a while" messages. This makes sense, because that's what it uses under
the hood. Of course it brings lots of other features that you don't get with
your home-grown socket connection, and that's really the value it brings.
However, I can report that on a relatively simple application it worked fine
on largish embedded powerpc systems (512MB RAM, 1GB flash, 700MHz CPU
class).

Regards

Paul Bouchier