[ros-users] ROS & DDS

Armstrong-Crews, Nicholas - 1002 - MITLL nickarmstrongcrews at ll.mit.edu
Fri Feb 14 14:14:13 UTC 2014

Resonance.

I might suggest:
1) a set of default parameters that work fine for your casual, first-time
user (or a few sets, corresponding to "LAN," "Wifi," etc.)
2) a calibration tool that can measure network utilization and capacity of
you particular nodes on your particular network and then tweak the settings
for you (preferably both live and in an a priori calibration stage)
3) API hooks to give nodes a simple way to be notified that the pipes are
clogged and adjust accordingly.
4) a debug tool, a.k.a., rosnetwtf

Doing it right will take some work, but I think it'll be worth it to enough
people, and the advanced features can be spooled out incrementally over
time.

Thanks,
-Nick