[ros-users] ROS & DDS

Brian Gerkey gerkey at osrfoundation.org
Thu Feb 20 23:25:39 UTC 2014

In a theoretical ROS-on-DDS future, there would be a small C/C++
library that implements the familiar ROS API (pub, sub, adv, etc.)
atop the DDS API.  Assuming that Ada has a reasonable foreign function
interface, you could build your client library by wrapping that small
C/C++ library.

Or, as William suggested, you could implement the DDS wire protocol
(RTPS) directly in Ada.

There would also be some work to expose in-memory message objects to
Ada; here, again, you would likely have a couple of choices on how to
approach it.

brian.