[ros-users] MoveIt!: A New Year, A New Website, A New Movie

Sachin Chitta robot.moveit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 23:08:51 UTC 2014

Dear MoveIt! and ROS users,

The MoveIt! development team would like to wish you a very happy new year
and bring new tidings. We have:

(1) A MoveIt! 2013 Montage Movie: (http://youtu.be/dblCGZzeUqs)

(2) A new website*: *(http://moveit.ros.org)

We have listened to your feedback and added:

   - MoveIt! Blog <http://moveit.ros.org/blog> - we will highlight
   features, apps, robots and demos here (so please send them in regularly)
   - New documentation <http://moveit.ros.org/documentation>
   - New tutorials <http://moveit.ros.org/documentation/tutorials> -
   sphinx-based living next to the code so they are easier to maintain
   - Robots using MoveIt! <http://moveit.ros.org/robots> page
   - FAQs <http://moveit.ros.org/documentation/faqs> page - where we will
   collect the most frequently asked questions (and answers)
   - Status page <http://moveit.ros.org/about/moveit-status> highlighting
   the status of different components in MoveIt!

The old wiki is still available at moveit.ros.org/wiki but will be
deprecated soon.

We are also inviting members of the community to sign up as official
maintainers of the MoveIt! packages and associated interfaces for different
robots so that we can get stable MoveIt! interfaces to a wide variety of
robots.

Please let us know any feedback you might have.

Best Regards,

Sachin Chitta

 Associate Director

Robotics Systems and Software