[ros-users] Ubuntu ARM deb update

Austin Hendrix legotown at aol.com
Sat Jan 18 04:26:34 UTC 2014

Hey all, just a quick update about ROS for ARM:

1) The repository has moved. Now that Willow Garage is no longer hosting packages.ros.org, I had to find a new location to host my ARM repository. Debs are now available at http://packages.namniart.com/repos/ros . This goes along with a new repository key: http://packages.namniart.com/repos/namniart.key
2) I’m now building a custom branch of ros_comm that doesn’t depend on lisp, so installing packages should be much easier.
3) I’ve upgraded the capacity of the build farm pretty significantly, so I’m now able to support more versions of Ubuntu. I currently have builds of Hydro for Precise (12.04), Quantal (12.10) and Raring (13.04), and builds of Groovy for Precise and Quantal.
4) The build status pages have moved as well: Hydro status is at http://packages.namniart.com/repos/status/hydro.html and Groovy status is at http://packages.namniart.com/repos/status/groovy.html
5) I’ve updated the installation guide on the wiki, and added a section listed supported platforms. If these debs works on your platform, please list it! http://wiki.ros.org/hydro/Installation/UbuntuARM

Happy Robots!
-Austin