[ros-users] hydro on saucy vs. raring

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Thu Jan 30 03:03:03 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 9:09 AM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 3:41 AM, Tully Foote <tfoote at osrfoundation.org>wrote:
>

>> So with the above reasons, our recommendation for using ROS on 13.10 is
>> to compile Hydro from source patching where necessary. Or wait until Indigo
>> Igloo is available in binary format.
>>

> I agree that Indigo is the higher priority.
>
> Any guess when Indigo binaries for Saucy might be available?

Most of the infrastructure for indigo had been setup.  For a quick sneak
peek you can take a look here: http://www.ros.org/debbuild/indigo.html We
have 15 packages so far, and it's extremely alpha right now.

We're going to be working our way up the stack as quickly as possible. And
once we're confident the core is operational we'll put out the call for
everyone to release on top.

Tully