[ros-users] Indigo on Gentoo Linux

Jose Luis Rivero jrivero at osrfoundation.org
Fri Jun 27 18:04:12 UTC 2014

Hello Wayne:

> I'm in the process of getting it to the official upstream. I think
> Gentoo is especially fitting for ROS because both systems have their
> users compile everything from scratch. They used to be best buddies, but
> now they're not, and I'm trying to fix that.
>
> I'll write the Indigo guide for Gentoo when I have time.

Great that ROS is reaching the rest of major Linux distributions and I'm
specially happy to heard about Gentoo, which was one of my first open
source contributions.

I'm interested on contributing to your work to support all our gazebo
simulator packages. Feel free to contact me out of the list.

Thanks!

--
Jose Luis Rivero <jrivero at osrfoundation.org>