[ros-users] Indigo on Gentoo Linux

Wayne Chang wayne at neverfear.org
Fri Jun 27 16:24:44 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I'm trying to reestablish Gentoo Linux support for ROS and its
dependencies so that Gentoo users may have a full, working installation
in a simple command or two. You can find the portage overlay here
(should work with indigo desktop-full):

https://github.com/wyc/wyc-overlay

I'm in the process of getting it to the official upstream. I think
Gentoo is especially fitting for ROS because both systems have their
users compile everything from scratch. They used to be best buddies, but
now they're not, and I'm trying to fix that.

I'll write the Indigo guide for Gentoo when I have time.

Best,
- Wayne