[ros-users] MoveIt!: A New Year, A New Website, A New Movie

Javier V Gómez engjotauve at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 19:31:58 UTC 2014

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for your response.

The correct link
was http://moveit.ros.org/wiki/Capabilities#Environment_Representation So I
meant the Environment Representation Cabaility. This is just an example. I
have not navigated too much into the new documentation but I could not find
this one, more concretely the RViz
plugin: http://moveit.ros.org/wiki/Environment_Representation/Rviz

Another example is that the new documentation refers to the old wiki for
robot simulation: http://moveit.ros.org/wiki/PR2/Gazebo/Quick_Start and
this is a point I am very interested in.

I will keep reporting if I find other missing points I consider important.

As an starting userin MoveIt!, my feeling is that the new documentation is
much more focused on working with the API than just using MoveIt! from
already built packages. I insist this is just my feeling, and I do not know
if it will be the same for others.

I am not saying that it is better/worse. I just mean that in my opinion it
looks harder for beginners to get into the feeling of MoveIt!.

Anyway, you guys are doing a very impressive job!

Best regards!

Javier