[ros-users] Announcing ROS/DDS proxies

Brian Gerkey gerkey at osrfoundation.org
Mon Mar 10 22:11:34 UTC 2014

Very interesting, and timely!  Thanks for sharing.

We've also been experimenting with OpenSplice.  You might be
interested in trying our packaged version, which pares down the
installed content and adds some CMake infrastructure to make it easier
to use:

source: https://github.com/osrf/opensplice

Ubuntu debs (for 64-bit precise, quantal, and raring):
* If necessary, follow the first steps here to add the
packages.osrfoundation.org apt repo to your system:
 http://gazebosim.org/wiki/2.2/install#Download_and_Install_Gazebo
* apt-get install libopensplice63

Homebrew (OSX), with binary "bottles" for 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9:
* brew tap osrf/ros2
* brew install opensplice