[ros-users] Announcing ROS/DDS proxies

Ronny Hartanto ronny.hartanto at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 10:33:31 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

We are happy to announce the ros_dds_proxies:

http://wiki.ros.org/ros_dds_proxies

As recently, there was some discussion on using DDS as communication layer in ros. This package contains our implementation on using DDS middleware for a multi-robot systems. We have been successfully using this implementation in our project (IMPERA). In our experiments, all the messages were successfully delivered to all robots, even with communication outage for about 15 minutes.

Any comment or improvement are welcome.

Ronny

--
 Dr. Ronny Hartanto
 Senior Researcher

 Besuchsadresse der Nebengeschäftsstelle:
 DFKI GmbH
 Robotics Innovation Center
 Robert-Hooke-Straße 5
 28359 Bremen, Germany

 Postadresse der Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:
 DFKI GmbH
 Robotics Innovation Center
 Robert-Hooke-Straße 1
 28359 Bremen, Germany

 Tel.:         +49 421 178 45-6634
 Zentrale: +49 421 178 45-0
 Fax:        +49 421 178-45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichen)
 E-Mail: ronny.hartanto at dfki.de

 (Vorsitzender) Dr. Walter Olthoff
 Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313
 USt-Id.Nr.:    DE 148646973