[ros-users] Indigo buildfarm ready for releases

Jose Luis Rivero jrivero at osrfoundation.org
Mon Mar 31 14:24:03 UTC 2014

On 03/31/2014 03:16 AM, William Woodall wrote:
> Thanks Jon!
>
> I appreciate you taking the time to put the chroot option together.
>
> What is the general consensus now that this chroot tutorial is
> available? Is this sufficiently functional to let maintainers test their
> upcoming changes for Indigo on their Precise machines?

Gazebo, or any other software that needs DRI enabled, can be run from a
chroot, but the chroot should have exactly the same versions in the X
stack in order to have a proper DRI support.

For example, if you are using a Precise system and setup a Trusty
chroot, both using Ubuntu packages, based on my experience, DRI won't work.

--
Jose Luis Rivero <jrivero at osrfoundation.org>