[ros-users] Call for Robot Web Tools Community Support

Toris, Russell Charles rctoris at WPI.EDU
Wed May 21 13:50:25 UTC 2014

Dear ROS Community-

Over the past year, the Robot Web Tools effort and community has grown steadily. Tools such as rosbridge, mjpeg_server, roslibjs, and ros3djs have been used by enthusiasts and researchers across the globe in a number of exciting projects. We are very happy to see Robot Web Tools continue to grow and have new tools emerge.

As with any open source project, collaborators and project maintainers move onto new and different projects making room for the next generation of core contributors. As such, we are reaching out to the community in hopes of finding new members to join our core development team. By volunteering your time as a core team member, you will be directly involved in:

 + Developing next generation Robot Web Tools libraries
 + Extending existing tools and libraries
 + Adapting Robot Web Tools for emerging web and real-time communication technologies
 + Help to provide support to the community

We are seeking one or two enthusiastic individuals who are willing to commit some time to the effort. Candidates should be comfortable with ROS, JavaScript, and have some familiarity with the existing tools.

If interested, please respond directly to myself at rctoris at wpi.edu. Please do not respond directly to this email to avoid spamming an email inbox.

Best,

Russell Toris
http://robotwebtools.org/

--
Russell Toris
Graduate Student | WPI Department of Computer Science