[ros-users] Announcing Handle Detector Package

Andreas ten Pas andreas.tenpas at gmail.com
Thu May 22 00:46:06 UTC 2014

Hi all,

although it has been available in the packages for quite a while, I wanted
to officially announce our ROS Hydro package for localizing handles in 3D
point clouds: http://wiki.ros.org/handle_detector

You can see a demonstration of the localization on Rethink Robotics' Baxter
robot that is clearing several objects from a table in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjE5X7pTjKE

A tutorial for using our software is available at the ROS wiki page given
above.

If you find any problems, feel free to report them at:
https://github.com/atenpas/handle_detector/issues

All the best,

Andreas