[ros-users] Connecting ROS to a software (music) synthesiser?

Raymond Sheh Raymond.Sheh at curtin.edu.au
Tue Nov 11 06:09:46 UTC 2014

Hi All,

We're trying to figure out a way to have our robot's beeps be a little
more musical and on-the-fly generated so I'm looking for a way of piping
ROS messages into a software music synthesiser of some sort (or
synthesizer for those of you in the US).

I've found lots of stuff about getting ROS to play sounds or to say text
via a text-to-speech synth but I'm drawing a bit of a blank on something
that is more musical.

Before I go to the trouble of connecting ROS to something like
Supercollider or Fluidsynth, I was just wondering if anyone here knew of
work already being done in this direction. My Google-fu is kinda failing
me on this one.

Cheers!

- Raymond

--