[ros-users] ROS versioning & wiki structure

Paul Bouchier bouchier at classicnet.net
Sun Nov 23 15:55:46 UTC 2014

+1 for the idea of relegating old content to a history museum to reduce
maintenance.

There can be other transitions in a package's life which change it so
dramatically that it's not worth maintaining the previous content.
However, the previous version is still there - in the version history.
Perhaps there could be a  macro that let's an author refer to a history
tag and display a message something like "The version of this page prior
to <XYZ> his <here>, where <XYZ> could be "catkin" or "groovy" or "API
version 2.0" or "new-sensor-version" etc. etc. This could work for
tutorial pages too.

Paul Bouchier