[ros-users] ROS versioning & wiki structure

Mike Purvis mpurvis at clearpathrobotics.com
Mon Nov 24 15:42:50 UTC 2014

The ideal IMO would be to implement this as a macro— so much as the wiki
today displays the manifest.yml information generated from doc jobs, the
wiki of tomorrow could have a macro which sucks in a similarly-extracted
file.

This allows the flexibility to mix and match wiki-editable content where
that is appropriate with blobs of source-controlled content, where *that*
is more appropriate. It also offers a sane migration strategy.

The really, really ideal would be if the "mytutorial1.roswiki" file in my
repo could actually optionally be itself a templated affair, perhaps
supporting a format like mytutorial1.rowiki.em, so that things like blobs
of example source code or whatever could be sucked in from marked-off
sections of actual working examples which can then be tested during the
source build.