[ros-users] ROS versioning & wiki structure

Miquel Massot Campos miquel.massot at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 16:29:57 UTC 2014

+1 to mix and match wiki-editable with source-controlled wiki content.

For the tutorials I'd like to discuss a solution that has come to my mind.
Let's keep it simple with the tools available. Why don't we just make
tutorial packages with example source code? Therefore, the documentation
could parse if that package ends in "*tutorials*" it must be added to the
documentation of the parent package. Furthermore, the build dependencies
will be kept and the sources can be built in the current buildfarm (debian
package generation is not necessary). There are some packages that are
structured like this: ros_tutorials, navigation_tutorials,
geometry_tutorials...

However, what if a developer wants to write tutorials without fully
compilable code? I think that the tutorials can be placed in the .*roswiki*
file along with the package documentation as well as in compilable
*pkg_tutorials*. Another mix&match.

Miquel Massot

miquel.massot at gmail.com    <https://github.com/miquelmassot>