[ros-users] New packages: mongodb_store

Tim Niemueller niemueller at kbsg.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Oct 23 14:07:01 UTC 2014

Hi Nick.

That looks interesting. Can you say something about the overlap with and
difference to our mongodb-log [1] tool (available for ROS)? It actually
seems as if the two could be combined nicely.

We have also somewhat recently extended it so that it provides
specialized services for storing and retrieving point clouds as well as
merging a number of point clouds (usually from different perspectives)
from specific points in time to gather a unified combined view of a
scene (video and paper at [2]).

Regards from Aachen,
  Tim

[1] http://www.fawkesrobotics.org/projects/mongodb-log/
[2]
http://www.fawkesrobotics.org/publications/2013/hybris-c1-baseline-iros2013/

--
KBSG - Knowledge-based Systems Group            AllemaniACs RoboCup Team