[ros-users] New packages: mongodb_store

Nick Hawes n.a.hawes at cs.bham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 24 19:04:04 UTC 2014

> On 24 Oct 2014, at 13:00, ros-users-request at lists.ros.org wrote:
>
> That looks interesting. Can you say something about the overlap with and
> difference to our mongodb-log [1] tool (available for ROS)? It actually
> seems as if the two could be combined nicel

Sorry, I planned to be more explicit on this in my original mail, but clearly forgot. We actually forked mongodb-log into our repo and have integrated it with our message persistence code. The changes make it easier to recreate publishable messages from the database and also perform additional queries. This also introduces a dependency on mongodb-store, which is why we made the fork.

https://github.com/strands-project/mongodb_store/tree/hydro-devel/mongodb_log

Mongod-log therefore provides the rosbag record functionality described in my original mail and was released along with the other packages, with you as author and under your original license.

If you want to chat about this, just drop me a mail.

cheers,

--
Dr. Nick Hawes

Senior Lecturer, School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham
www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~nah || +44 121 414 3739 || skype: nickhawes