[ros-users] Aldebaran's NAO support for MoveIt!, Gazebo and more

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Fri Oct 31 00:11:33 UTC 2014

Hi Vincent,

That’s great news. On a related topic at OSRF we’ve been talking to several
people involved in RoboCup and Nate went down to attend RoboCup last year.
If anyone else is interested in this topic we’d like to take this
opportunity to suggest that we kick off a conversation about building up
the infrastructure for a common interface for RoboCup.

With the availability of a simulated Nao there are now two simulations
which would be useful for RoboCup. The ability to simulate the 3D Simulator
League, as well as providing a practice ground for the Standard Platform
League.

If we can setup some standard simulations there is the potential to
consider setting up continuous testing in the cloud to be a testing
platform for teams worldwide.

For the forum, we suggest that we use the Aldebaran SIG for now as it
already has a relevant community:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ros-sig-aldebaran

We’ve started a thread
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ros-sig-aldebaran/-Pt9CxL3HCE . If
you’re interested in contributing to this project please join that thread.

Tully + Carlos