[ros-users] Microsoft Kinect v2 Driver

Edwards, Shaun M. sedwards at swri.org
Fri Sep 5 22:01:32 UTC 2014

All,

If you saw the subject line and got excited that a Microsoft kinect[1] driver was available for ROS, I apologize.  I am wondering if anybody is working on a driver.  The best effort I can find is libfreenect2[2].  All other efforts I have seen rely on a bridging the kinect through a windows PC.  It would be nice to have a native driver written for ROS/Ubuntu.  I'd be interested to hear from anyone that is current working on a driver, or would be interested in supporting the development of one.

Thanks in advance,

[1] http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.298810500?srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=34-238809504-2&WT.mc_id=US_datafeed_Google
[2] https://github.com/OpenKinect/libfreenect2

Shaun Edwards