[ros-users] SIG for Buildbot-ROS

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 04:34:04 UTC 2014

On 18 September 2014 03:20, Tully Foote <tfoote at osrfoundation.org> wrote:

> We've setup a new sig for the buildfarm. We haven't announced it yet as we
> haven't had a chance to focus on the buildfarm with preparing for ROSCon
> and prototyping for ROS 2.0 It's available at
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ros-sig-buildfarm We're planning
> to work toward making the buildfarm reproducible and deployable as we get
> ready for ROS 2.0. This would be the best place to discuss anything jenkins
> and testing container related.
>
> Tully

For me, there is a clear separation between developer buildsystem tools
(like catkin) and package maintainer tools (bloom, buildbot, jenkins, CI,
build farms). Perhaps we can refocus these lists around ros-sig-buildsystem
and ros-sig-buildfarm with buildbot moving to ros-sig-buildfarm?

Cheers,
Daniel.

> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Michael Ferguson <mfergs7 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> So, there is already a ros-sig-buildsystem, which currently does mostly
>> bloom/catkin stuff right now. I would think that would be a better place
>> for generic CI stuff. In reality, buildbot stuff could go there as well....
>> I mainly created the new list so that buildbot-related emails wouldn't
>> flood the inboxes of those on the existing buildsystem sig, and so that it
>> would be a bit easier to find information related to buildbot-ros.
>>
>> -Fergs
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Jose Luis Rivero <
>> jrivero at osrfoundation.org> wrote:

>>> for
>>> >

>>> As I'm one of these minions who manages a CI installation with ROS,
>>> Gazebo and some other friends, sounds really good to me that people
>>> showed interest on this topic.
>>>
>>> Michael, what do you think about making the scope of the SIG broader to
>>> include CI related topics like Jenkins, isolating testing containers,
>>> etc?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jose Luis Rivero <jrivero at osrfoundation.org>

Phone : +82-10-5400-3296 (010-5400-3296)
Home: http://snorriheim.dnsdojo.com/
Yujin R&D: http://rnd.yujinrobot.com/