[ros-users] Jade Beta Preparations

Toris, Russell Charles rctoris at WPI.EDU
Tue Apr 21 17:26:54 UTC 2015

Looking forward to it. Given the noticeably empty migration guide at the moment (which is nice motivation for releasers!), is there somewhere to look at notable changes / feature additions / updates from Indigo to Jade?

Russell

--
Russell Toris
Graduate Student | WPI Department of Computer Science
rctoris at wpi.edu | http://users.wpi.edu/~rctoris/

From: ros-users [ros-users-bounces at lists.ros.org] on behalf of William Woodall via ros-users [ros-users at lists.ros.org]
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2015 9:21 PM
To: User discussions
Subject: [ros-users] Jade Beta Preparations

Hello everyone!

I want to give an update on the next release of ROS, a.k.a ROS Jade, and let you know how you can help. We're preparing for the Beta to be announced between now and the end of the month.

What does beta mean? It means that we have released a version of all of the packages we need for a release. The practical implication is that anyone can install ros-jade-desktop-full from apt-get and try it out. But we're not quite there yet, and that's where you come in. I've put together a page which lists the packages that are directly or indirectly a dependency of desktop-full:

http://wiki.ros.org/jade/Planning/Maintenance

Please have a look at this page and see if you're responsible for any of the packages or repositories that are unreleased, and therefore blocking, and try to get a release done as soon as you are able. If you need help please contact the ros-release at lists.ros.org<mailto:ros-release at lists.ros.org> mailing list and ask for help.

If you'd like to help in another way, please take a moment and look at the Jade specific wiki pages and add to them if you think it is necessary:

- http://wiki.ros.org/jade/Planning#sigs_active_in_Jade
- http://wiki.ros.org/jade/Migration
- http://wiki.ros.org/jade/Installation

I've also copied over the installation instructions from indigo to jade, so please have a look at those and look for typos and copy-paste errors.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help in getting us to an on-time jade beta.

--
William Woodall
ROS Development Team - Jade Boss