[ros-users] New driver for DepthSense DS325 3D Camera

Walter "Myzhar" Lucetti myzhar at robot-home.it
Tue Apr 28 21:15:26 UTC 2015

Hi all,

if someone is searching for a driver for the DepthSense DS325 RGB-D
time-to-flight camera, I'm glad to say that the first working version of it
is available on Github:

https://github.com/Myzhar/ros_depthsense_camera

At this stage the driver can correctly publish RGB videostream, Simple XYZ
Pointcloud and RGB XYZ Pointcloud.

One of the strenght of my driver is the fact that it does not use neither
OpenCV nor PCL libraries.
It publishes only  sensor_msg::pointcloud2 and sensor_msg::Image messages.

The next step will be the porting on CUDA of the heaviest function like the
RGB to XYZ mapping and the use of the builtin accelerometer to compensate
robot asset.
I will also write the code to simulate a 2D laser scanner to provide full
information... if requested.

All this with an eye on the use of 100% of the potential of NVidia Jetson
TK1...

Any comment or debug will be really appreciated

Thank you
Walter Lucetti

--
Walter Lucetti