[ros-users] Real robot control on Linux

Jake Angulo jake.angulo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 06:27:25 UTC 2015

OK let me get into the mix :)

Here goes:

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 5:08 PM, Dejan Pangercic via ros-users <
ros-users at lists.ros.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I am looking for some pointers from those that run your robots on Linux in
> real time.
> I'd really appreciate if you would share with me:
> - which robot/use case do you have

Experimental home companion / utility robot

- which HW architecture are you using (e.g. arm vs x86)

ARM (RPI 2 --- LOL!!!)

> - which Linux distro

Raspbian

> - which real time kernel (e.g. xenoami vs rt_preempt)

default: preempt

> - which scheduler

cron??? is this what you mean.

> - which peripherals (e.g. CAN, Ethercat, serial, etc.)

Serial, wifi, gps, camera, etc

> - which application framework (e.g. written from scratch, ROS, Orocos, )

ROS + Python

> - which actuators do you control

Motors & servos indirectly via controller boards.