[ros-users] Laser Scan Matchers - release

Isaac Isao Saito-Yanagisawa 130s at 2000.jukuin.keio.ac.jp
Fri Dec 18 00:49:49 UTC 2015

Hello ROS walkers,

CCNY's laser-related utility, scan_tools[1], has been in source space
for 5 years since ROS Electric episode. Now it strikes back in the
binary galaxy!

Please see REAME for the installation.
https://github.com/ccny-ros-pkg/scan_tools/blob/indigo/README.md

**Those who build from source** are advised to adjust to the way
suggested in README above; recent work changed the way how one of the
depended libraries gets built (*1).

Credit goes to Kei Okada, Carlos Jaramillo for release work, Andrea
Censi for providing help for his CSM library, and Ivan Dryanovski for
the original creation of these ROS packages.

Enjoy,
Isaac

*1...To build one of the included package, laser_scan_matcher[2], its
dependency CSM[3] used to be downloaded and built during the build
time. Upon a trial to conform to ROS buildfarm usage, it's now
separated and released as a "3rd party package"[4].

[1] http://wiki.ros.org/scan_tools
[2] http://wiki.ros.org/laser_scan_matcher
[3] http://wiki.ros.org/csm
[4] http://www.ros.org/reps/rep-0136.html