[ros-users] [jobs] Yujin Robot is hiring programmers

Marcus Liebhardt marcus.liebhardt at yujinrobot.com
Tue Feb 3 07:22:25 UTC 2015

Yujin Robot’s Innovation Team is looking for a 1) *control software
engineer* and 2) *software developer* to join our quest. We are a small,
highly motivated group with a focus on turning the promise of the future
into Yujin Robot’s products of tomorrow.

As a member of this team the control software engineer will focus on
firmware and lower level robot control software development as well as
integration with automated systems and smart devices in the environment.
The software developer will take charge of the robot’s higher level
software and also the system frameworks beyond the robot required for the
target business use cases. There is an expectation that both applicants
will be involved in the design and the delivery of these components.

You will be given freedom to do things your own way, however this will
require you to be highly self-organised while still being able to ride with
the team. This scope will also give you the opportunity to influence and
expand your role depending on the operations’ success.

We offer flexible working hours, good payment and enough off-time to
refresh your mind in an environment that is crafted to our needs.

*Control Software Engineer*

*Key Roles & Responsibilities*

 - Robot firmware and lower level control software (e.g. drivers,
navigation)
 - Integration with handhelds/automated systems/smart devices
 - Networking and communications

*Requirements*

 - Master’s degree in Robotics, Control Engineering, Software Engineering,
Computer Science or a related field
        - or -
 - Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Control Engineering, Software
Engineering, Computer Science or a related field plus 2 years of work
experience
 - Proven software development skills
   - Proficiency in C/C++
   - Code development under Linux
   - Experience with version control systems, e.g. SVN, Git
   - Experience in firmware/embedded systems development

*Desirables*

 - Comfortable using Git with GitHub/Bitbucket
 - Experience with XC
 - Experience with ROS
 - Experience with embedded motor and sensor solutions for robots or
similar devices
 - A passion for the black magic that goes on under the hood!

*Software Developer*

*Key Roles & Responsibilities*

 - Higher level ‘task oriented’ and diagnostic robotic software
 - System framework components
   - Setup and configuration
   - Monitoring
   - Multi-robot coordination
   - Service-specific software
 - Human to robot and human to system user interfaces
 - Implementation and design roles
 - Management and deployment of our software stacks

*Requirements*

 - Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field plus 2 years of
work experience
        - or -
 - Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field plus 5 years of
work experience
 - Strong software development skills
   - Proficiency in C++, Python or Java
   - Code development under Linux
   - Experience with version control systems, e.g. Git, SVN
   - Familiar with test-driven development and continuous integration

*Desirables*

 - Comfortable using Git with GitHub/Bitbucket
 - Programming skills across multiple languages
 - Experience managing team software or a large software project
 - Experience in designing components of a large software project
 - Experience with ROS
 - A passion for seeing their software come alive on robots!

*To apply*

 - Tell us why you are the right one for the job (i.e. cover letter, max. 1
page)
 - Attach your CV (max. 2 pages)
 - Hand in at least 2 code examples (link to online repositories preferred)
 - Provide at least two references

All documents must be in English, handed in as PDFs and send to
jobs at yujinrobot.com. The submission deadline is 1st March 2015.

To find out more about the innovation team, check out:
http://inno.yujinrobot.com