[ros-users] Source for Openni2 debs for Utopic and Vivid

Tully Foote tfoote at osrfoundation.org
Fri Feb 27 09:34:41 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,

As we get ready for Jade we're working on ironing out system dependencies
for most packages. [1] One package we believe will be in demand by the ROS
community will be Openni2 drivers. Up through Trusty we've been pulling
them from the PCL PPA. [2] However pcl has now been absorbed upstream and
is not building newer debian packages on their own. We know that openni2 is
in the process of being submitted upstream to debian [3] but that process
has not completed and the imports into Ubuntu packaging have not happened
yet.

If anyone can help us find packages built for Utopic and Vivid that would
be appreciated, so we can import them and make them available to the ROS
community.

Thanks,
Tully

[1] https://github.com/ros/rosdistro/issues/6435