[ros-users] [jobs] Intern seat available

Marcus Liebhardt marcus.liebhardt at yujinrobot.com
Fri Feb 27 09:22:31 UTC 2015

Yujin Robot’s innovation team is looking for an intern to join our cause!
The prospective applicant will be working on tasks related with navigation,
connectivity and in general, anything relevant to supporting the
development of a service robot on its way to being a product. Applicants
need to be familiar with ROS and Linux. In return they will get hands-on
experience running and playing with our robots.

The specific tasks will be selected based on the applicant’s skills and
experience. Relevant fields include:

*Navigation*
- Environment sensing
- Local and global planning within the ROS navigation framework
- Mapping solutions for a vision-based SLAM

*Software*
- User interfaces on the robot, hand helds and remote stations
- Developer tools
- Higher level service-oriented software
- Android and Robot Web Tools

*Connectivity & Networking*
- Robust WIFI handling
- Android - robot pairing (direct connection)
- Integration with ROCON

*General*
- Develop tools to support navigation and connectivity tests
- Robot testing and performance analysis
- Support setting up and running demonstrations

*Requirements*
- Bachelor's degree in robotics, computer science or a related field
- Good programming skills in C++ or Python
- Experience with robotics, ROS and Linux

*Working Conditions*
- Duration: 6 months
- Starting date: April
- Location: R&D centre, located in Gasan-dong, Geumcheon-gu, Seoul
- Working time: 9:00 ~ 18:00, Mon ~ Fri
- Salary: 1,500,000 KRW
- Travel and housing support is available for foreigners.

*How to Apply*
- Send the following documents in English as PDFs to jobs at yujinrobot.com:
 - Resume (max. 1 page)
 - Motivation / cover letter (max. 1 page)
 - Two letters of recommendation
- Provide at least 2 code samples
- Application period : 2015/02/27 ~ 2015/03/22

To find out more about Yujin Robot’s innovation team, check out our website
(inno.yujinrobot.com), blog (blog.yujinrobot.com) and Twitter acoount (
twitter.com/yujinrobotinno).

Best regards,
Your Innovation Team