[ros-users] Any guideline or template for ROScon proposal?

WinstonYao winstonyao at alumni.ubc.ca
Sat Jun 27 11:59:41 UTC 2015

Hi all!

    I have done some work on ROS and Gazebo and in order to give back to the community, I am glad to write a proposal to the coming ROScon. But sorry that it is my first time to write a session proposal so I want to ask for any guideline, format requirements or template of the proposal. In the official website of ROScon, it states that:

A session proposal should include:
    Title
    Recommended duration: Short (~20 minutes) or Long (~45 minutes)
    Summary, 100 word max (to be used in advertising the session)
    Description (for review purposes): outline, goals (what will the audience learn?), pointers to packages to be discussed (500 Words Maximum)

I just wonder, besides those items stated above, whether I should add extra content to the proposal or not. I will appreciate any suggestion.

Winston Yao