[ros-users] 4th ROS Meetup in Korea!

Yoonseok Pyo passionvirus at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 02:04:42 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone,

The 4th ROS Korea users seminar & meetup event was held on 7-8 November
2015 at Seoul, Korea. Particularly, in the second day, we prepared the
tutorial seminar for participants with hands-on experience of ROS. This
tutorial seminar arranged 4 section, ROS Basic, ROS Tools like RViz and
rqt, ROS Navigation using Turtlebot and ROS MoveIt using ROBOTIS
Manipulator, by Jihoon Lee and Yoonseok Pyo. The goal of the seminar &
meetup event is to provide the hands-on experience and programming skills
when using ROS and ecosystem.

[image: 4th_ROS_Meetup_in_Korea.jpg]

See the links below for the photos of this meetup.
▷ Photos: https://goo.gl/FWeOkv

See the links below for the presentation slides. It is written in Korean,
but we hope to bring up new ROS Korean contributors in not far future.
▷ Intro: http://www.slideshare.net/yoonseokpyo/2nd-ros-tutorial-seminar
▷ Section 1: http://www.slideshare.net/secret/wktcM012MLZMqe
▷ Section 2:
http://www.slideshare.net/yoonseokpyo/2nd-ros-tutorial-seminar-section-2
▷ Section 3: https://www.slideshare.net/secret/C3CS6fKYCGFAT2
▷ Section 4:
http://www.slideshare.net/yoonseokpyo/2nd-ros-tutorial-seminar-section-4

OROCA (www.oroca.org, about 30,000 members) and Korea Open Society for
Robotics (https://www.facebook.com/groups/KoreanRobotics/, about 4,300
members) communities have been effort to expand open robotics in Korea. We
want to continue this activity with ROS. We are tentatively planning to
hold ROS summer school and ROS meetup event in Korea on next year.

We'd like to give special thanks to OSRF, ROS development teams and many
ROS users. Also, thanks to our sponsors Korea Institute for Robot Industry
Advancement (KIRIA), Yujin Robot, ROBOTIS, MagicEco and Rubypaper.

Sincerely,
Yoonseok Pyo