[ros-users] ROS 2.0 Strategy review

G.A. vd. Hoorn - 3ME g.a.vanderhoorn at tudelft.nl
Thu Oct 1 20:11:27 UTC 2015

On 1-10-2015 21:39, Thibault Kruse via ros-users wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 5:09 PM, Brian Gerkey via ros-users wrote:
>> We're very aware of the need for a migration plan.  To that end, we're
>> maintaining a migration guide as we do new development:
>>   http://design.ros2.org/articles/migration_guide_from_ros1.html
>
> That guide is a nice overview of the migration of a hello-world node.
> So let's list what is missing from this migration example:
>
> <long list of things>
[..]

Thibault,

I share some of your concerns, but in this case you're not really being
fair: Brian explicitly stated that this is a migration guide "that we're
maintaining [..] as we no new development".

Since many of the things you list have not been developed yet, it's not
really a surprise they are not mentioned in that document.

Gijs