[ros-users] Get to know Erle Robotics crawling around

Víctor Mayoral Vilches victor at erlerobot.com
Thu Oct 8 09:15:26 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, we’ve designed Erle-Spider
<http://igg.me/at/erle-spider/x/7817776> to deliver an open, low cost and
Linux-based robot powered by ROS that hopes to bring robotics to many. To
show it to the world we’ve put together a little game. Here’s how it works:

*Erle-Spider is crawling around our offices and life streaming video of
what it sees at https://www.youtube.com/c/ErleRobotics/live
<https://www.youtube.com/c/ErleRobotics/live>. The robot can be moved
around with the following commands actioned through Twitter: *

*@ErleRobotics make #erlespider go [forward | backwards | right | left]
http://igg.me/at/erle-spider/x/7817776
<http://igg.me/at/erle-spider/x/7817776>*

For example if I were to move the Spider forward to meet part of the team
behind it I'd go and tweet: "*@ErleRobotics make #erlespider go forward
http://igg.me/at/erle-spider/x/7817776
<http://igg.me/at/erle-spider/x/7817776>*"

We'll be making this little game available in our office hours (CEST). If
you're interested in getting one for Christmas go to our indiegogo campaign
<http://igg.me/at/erle-spider/x/7817776> and support us.
Thanks,

*Víctor Mayoral Vilches*
CTO & Co-Founder