[ros-users] Cheap Lidar for Prototyping / POC

Romain Reignier rom.reignier at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 12:17:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

There is also the lidar from the Neato XV-11 robot vacuum but you have
to find a working one and add a board to drive the motor.

There is a ROS driver: http://wiki.ros.org/xv_11_laser_driver

It is not the simplest but by far the cheapest Lidar I found.

More infos here: https://xv11hacking.wikispaces.com/LIDAR+Sensor

Regards,

Romain