[ros-users] Cheap Lidar for Prototyping / POC

William Woodall william at osrfoundation.org
Tue Sep 15 17:34:02 UTC 2015

I think they're only available for pre-order, but there is a cheap lidar
from Rhoeby Dynamics:

http://rhoeby.com/?page_id=22
http://www.ros.org/news/2015/03/announcing-rhoeby---a-ros-navigation-capable-hexapod-robot.html

Also, there is the Sensors page on the wiki:
http://wiki.ros.org/Sensors#A2D_range_finders

On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 1:11 PM, Josemar Rodrigues de Souza via ros-users <
ros-users at lists.ros.org> wrote:

> We [http://www.acso.uneb.br/bill/index.php?n=Main.HomePage] are using
> Rplidar [
> http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1125&search=rplidar&description=true#.VfhQ9flVhBc
> ]
>

> Regards,
>
> Josemar
> Professor Josemar Rodrigues de Souza, Ph.D.
> josemar at uneb.br
> Universidade do Estado da Bahia - UNEB
> ACSO - Núcleo de Arquitetura de Computadores e Sistemas Operacionais
> http://www.acso.uneb.br

> ros-users at lists.ros.org>:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am currently prototyping a home-utility robot as POC (to be
>> industrialized), and need a really cheap Lidar that has at least been
>> proven to work with ROS.
>>
>> Im using ROS on top of Raspberry Pi 2.
>>
>> (im currently looking at lidar lite 2 and rp-lidar, but im not so sure as
>> i cant see any  ROS project featuring those)
>>

>> Any ideas pls?
>>

>> Rgds,
>>

>> Jake

William Woodall