[ros-users] [jobs] Open Position at Google Project Tango - Systems Engineer
vpradeep07 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 19:21:31 UTC 2015
I wanted to announce another role that the Project Tango Team is hiring
for. You can apply directly through the Google Job Portal
send me an email at vijaypradeep at google.com once you've applied so I can
help streamline the process.
Thanks for your interest!
*Position:* Systems Engineer (Project Tango)
*Location:* Mountain View, CA, USA
Google Job Portable *Posting:*
*About Project Tango:*
The goal of Project Tango is to give a human-scale understanding of space
and motion to mobile devices. This includes phones, tablets, and virtual
reality headsets. Our team has been working with universities, research
labs, and industrial partners spanning many countries around the world to
build on the last decade of research in robotics and computer vision,
concentrating that technology into a mobile device. A Project Tango-enabled
device combines data from a fisheye camera, 3D depth sensor, and IMU
(gyroscopes and accelerometers) to track its own position and orientation
in the world, while also building a 3D representation of its surroundings.
This all happens on-device in real-time.
See https://www.google.com/atap/project-tango/ for more info about Project
*About this role:*
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of the day-to-day
relationship with our Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and hardware
partners. You will lead implementation reviews, champion new product
features, guide on hardware and software level integration, and ensure
functional compliance. You will improve product feature offerings by
providing partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams, including
Product Management and Engineering and will guarantee the technical aspects
of a partner’s integration (both new and ongoing) by providing necessary
documentation and technical guidance.
- Assist OEMs and hardware partners successfully bring up Project Tango on
- Create hardware and system documentation and specifications.
- Provide rapid prototyping to vet out new hardware/software/systems ideas.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in the Mobile/Robotics/embedded space.
- Experience in C/C++, Java, MATLAB or Python.
- Experience in Computer Vision and Hardware/software subsystems involving
2D/3D cameras, IMUs and sensors.
- PhD degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Experience on Android, Linux kernel, Device driver APIs
- Project management experience resulting in a successful track record of
customer product launches.
- Ability to speak Mandarin or Korean.
*How to Apply:*
Please apply via the Google Job Portal here:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ros-users