[ros-users] nimbro_network: Multi-master ROS network solution

Mike Purvis mpurvis at clearpathrobotics.com
Tue Sep 22 14:38:29 UTC 2015

Looks awesome. A few quick questions, just to help everyone understand how
the capabilities of this system relate to Concert and fkie_multimaster:

   - Do you handle prefixing/deprefixing TF frames for headers?
      - For fields like Odometry::child_frame_id?
   - When you rate-limit topics like tf and joint_state, do you aggregate
   "full" snapshots, or is it a message-level throttle?
   - Do you handle machine discovery?
      - If so, is it using avahi or some other mechanism?
   - How dependent are you on the network's DNS infrastructure?
   - How much provision has been made for Gazebo simulation of multi-robot
   scenarios?
      - If any, does the user create multiple local roscores on different
      ports, or do you simulate all on the same roscore as Gazebo?
      - Can I simulate lossy connection between my simulated bots?

It's possible some of this is covered in your docs, but I didn't see it on
a quick first pass.

Mike