[ros-users] Linking Mavros , hokuyo, dynamixel and tf transform

Filipe Freire livrofubia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 21:18:37 UTC 2015

Hi Mr. Galiano,

I need to know how to use the hokuyo laser together with the PX4' IMU to
get the Tf, with a slight difference: The Laser is not on a fixed frame
compared to the IMU -> There is a link between the laser and the PX4
IMU, which is a dynamixel servo motor (that I also need to read and
control).

Still, I would be very happy if you could kindly explain how I can get
the hokuyo laser together with the PX4 IMU to get the tf. I think it
would be ungracious of me to ask you for source code, but I'm thankful
if you could explain a basic pipeline of the code/package I have to make.

BTW, I don't know if you also had this issue, but when I echo mavros
topics, the imu/data ( returns nothing), and imu/data_raw (and the
orientation remains always 0 on x,y,z,w). I was told this has to do with
my PX4 configuration?

Thanks in advance,
Filipe