[ros-users] ROS 2.0 Strategy review

Linas Vepstas linasvepstas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 21:59:53 UTC 2015

Hi Thibault,

For opensplice, I looked at https://github.com/PrismTech/opensplice/network
which makes it clear that most of the work is happening in branches
maintained by osrf . By comparison, the mainline has had a handful of
commits in 2015 and another handful in 2014.  Here:
https://github.com/PrismTech/opensplice/graphs/commit-activity Conclusion
is that the project is stagnant.

For https://github.com/objectcomputing/OpenDDS -- I see actually that it is
very active: https://github.com/objectcomputing/OpenDDS/graphs/contributors
 and none of it seems to involve OSRF people.  (Note that
https://www.openhub.net/p/opendds does not reflect this location; it shows
an older svn repo that has gone inactive)

For eprosima  I see https://github.com/eProsima/Fast-RTPS -- they have
other repos, but this seems to be the correct one to look at.  Its shows
some activity but few contributors.
https://github.com/eProsima/Fast-RTPS/graphs/contributors The other
eprosima reps seem to be similar.

In any case, the good news is that they're all on github, which does make
this kind of prowling around much much easier.

-- Linas