[ros-users] ROS 2.0 Strategy review

Steven Peters scpeters at osrfoundation.org
Wed Sep 30 23:19:47 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 2:59 PM, Linas Vepstas via ros-users <
ros-users at lists.ros.org> wrote:

> Hi Thibault,
>
> For opensplice, I looked at
> https://github.com/PrismTech/opensplice/network which makes it clear that
> most of the work is happening in branches maintained by osrf . By
> comparison, the mainline has had a handful of commits in 2015 and another
> handful in 2014.  Here:
> https://github.com/PrismTech/opensplice/graphs/commit-activity Conclusion
> is that the project is stagnant.

Quoting Dirk from the ros-sig-ng-ros thread about opensplice:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ros-sig-ng-ros/coG7Wdkbb4E/Jk-33mkuBAAJ

"The quoted statistics are meaningless since PrismTech only pushes their
released code into that GitHub repository.
Their development does not happen in a public repository.
While that is not a great thing I don't think the statistics are of any
relevance - it is similar to a statistic of a GBP / release repository in
ROS 1."

As he said, the project is not stagnant; its development just does not
happen in a public repository.

Steve