[ros-users] Announcing the rosparam_handler package
cbandera at posteo.de
Mon Aug 15 12:52:17 UTC 2016
so I was very frustrated with how I had to define parameters for my
nodes in several places. The declaration, the call to getParam and then
everything again in a second place when I wanted to have a parameter
that is configurable through dynamic reconfigure. Furthermore, you had
to make sure the redundant parameters lived in the same namespace,
otherwise you would run into serious trouble... This made it quite hard
and error prone to add or refactor parameters later.
To solve this problem, I have created the rosparam_handler package. It
is inspired by the cfg files and code generation provided by
dynamic_reconfigure, but extends the functionality greatly.
The |rosparam_handler| let's you:
* specify all of your parameters in a single file
* use a generated struct to hold your parameters
* use a member method for grabbing the parameters from the parameter
* use a member method for updating them from dynamic_reconfigure.
* make your parameters configurable with a single flag.
* set default, min and max values
* choose between global and private namespace
* save a lot of time on specifying your parameters in several places.
If this sounds interesting to you, have a look at the README, Tutorials
and the source code at .
Please let me know if you have any feedback, suggestions or any trouble
using the package.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ros-users