[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS Time in beta1

Secretary Birds ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 23:50:32 UTC 2016

I see in the RCL API docs that there is a file rcl/time.h which has definitions and functions to get time.
Is this the right mechanism we should be using to align Sim time and System time moving forward? (I realize the SIM time mechanism may not fully work yet...)

In the Migration guide it says that we still need to wait for a good replacement for `ros::Time::now()`.
Is that still the case? Or do we use `rcl_get_time_point_now()` or some other function?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-time-in-beta1/1003/1) or reply to this email to respond.